Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Is Nothing Sacred!!!

From Gamespot:

Christian gamers getting Left Behind
Real-time strategy game based on the
Left Behind novels is descending on the PC.
Left Behind Games today announced that it will be publishing a real-time strategy PC game based on the Left Behind novels. Left Behind: Eternal Forces is appropriately scheduled for release "between Christmas 2005 and Easter 2006." Left Behind Games was established in 2001, and it aims to bring morally just and family-friendly games to the masses.

Oh yes folks you are reading right, the Rapture Right Zombie Brigades are coming to a PC near you. Taking place after "Da Raptya" you will control the forces of good in the apocalyptic battle for New York. I remember my first contact with the Left Behind series. My family and I were shopping in (dum dum duuum!) Wal-Mart out on Long Island. Admittedly I am a fan of Apocalyptic stories, the Omen being my favorite, I was drawn to the title. That is where the affair ended. Like a woman you see across a bar who looks fine, once you get through the smoke and haze, you find the definition of "coyote ugly."
Two chapters of this third rate prose and one-dimensional characters (yes we are talking string theory here) and I was ready to call Harlan Ellison and the ghost of Asimov to strike down these hacks.

My favorite good (parody obviously) review from Amazon:

Lousy book but think of the poor!
, June 25, 2005
Reviewer:Free Thinker (USA) - See all my reviews
This book, and its sequels, is simplistic, poorly written and has as much depth as a penny that's been squashed by a train. Nonetheless, I give it 5 stars, for no other reason than I'm sure that LaHaye and Jenkins have spent the millions they've gotten for these books exclusively on helping the poor, sick and lame. At most I'm sure they've kept only enough to live a modest life on, just as Jesus would have done. Right?
Take a look around the site and you will find that they even made movies of this drivel, starring (dear gods) Kirk Cameron. Yes that's right folks Kirk is now, not only a C-class former teen star, but now a Divine rightist. Check out this unintentional comedy called Way of the Master.

I found clicking "NO" to be funnier.

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Subscribe in Rojo
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Flux Directory Web Blog Pinging 
Service Free Google Page Rank Checker blog search directory rem