Friday, October 14, 2005

Always Foreign Labor! Always!






Before we get to the meat of this post, let me clarify my position. I have no real problem with Wal*Mart or other big box vendors per say. What I do have a problem with are corporate entities that treat their workers unfairly and bully communities. If corporations wish to maintain their virtual entity status before the law then they must act like responsible corporate citizens. Federal, state, and local governments should not be their personal trough nor should their workers be subjected to unfair working conditions.


I don't think that anyone (that thinks anyways) wants to shut down Wal*Mart, Staples, Target, et.al., hell I shop at all of the above. What I want to see are these companies reform their practices so that the company makes a profit and their workers receive a living wage for their efforts.

The good folks at Wal*Mart Watch have a really funny video from the folks at Jib-Jab.


Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Subscribe in Rojo
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Flux Directory Web Blog Pinging 
Service Free Google Page Rank Checker blog search directory rem