Thursday, October 13, 2005

Drudge on Miers. ROFLMAO! Get The Popcorn Ready!

I normally do not purvey the Drudge Report, considering that I think he is a useless shill. However when this article was brought to my attention.....

Link to full article
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU OCT 13, 2005 11:32:41 ET XXXXX
HIDDEN TESTIMONY REIGNITES MIERS FIRES
**Exclusive Details**

The DRUDGE REPORT has obtained a copy of sworn testimony given by Supreme Court nominee Harriet Miers in 1990 in which she said that she “wouldn’t belong to the Federalist Society” – a conservative and libertarian lawyers’ organization – because it was “politically charged.”

But Bush's Supreme Court nominee did not include in that catagory the NAACP and other liberal groups, the transcript reveals!....

....Miers testified in a voting rights lawsuit claiming the Dallas City Council had too few black and Hispanic members....

The DRUDGE REPORT can now reveal that not only did Harriet Miers testify that she would not join the “politically charged” Federalist Society, she testified that she had joined a liberal organization – the Democratic Progressive Voters League.

....Miers was also asked whether she considered “the NAACP [to be] in the category of organizations” that she considered to be “politically charged.”

Her answer: “No, I don’t.”
This is just to funny for words. Now take the Drudge piece, place it into the gapping empty orafice that is the typical fundie-fascists' brain cavity, set to puree, and add this:

From Carpetbagger:


In 2001, Bush's first year in office, Miers rejected the text of the White House Christmas card and ordered a new version because, the White House said, she did not think it was written well enough....

Ned Ryun, son of Rep. Jim Ryun (R), was the one responsible for that rejected card in 2001. As he tells the story, there was more to this than bad writing.

I worked with Miers at the White House. Though my interaction with her was limited, since I was merely a Presidential Writer and she was the Staff Secretary, I had a unique experience with her. In 2001, I was given the task of writing the President's Christmas message to the nation….

The director of correspondence and the deputy of correspondence edited and approved the message and it was sent to the Staff Secretary's office for the final vetting. Miers emailed me and told me that the message might offend people of other faiths, i.e., that the message was too Christian. She wanted me to change it. I refused to change the message (In my poor benighted reasoning, I actually think that Christmas is an overtly Christian holiday that celebrates the birth of Christ and the beginning of the redemption of man.).

The director and deputy of correspondence supported me. I even emailed Ken Mehlman (then the Political Director at the White House, now the Republican National Committee Chairman), to see what he thought about the message. He was not offended by it in the least. Miers insisted that I change the tone of the message. I again refused, and after several weeks, the assignment was taken out of my hands. I was later encouraged to apologize to Miers. I did not apologize.

…Miers purposefully sought to dilute the Christianity of the message, thus revealing to me at least a willingness to compromise unnecessarily without outside pressure. That is my opinion based off that experience and I would be more than happy to be proved wrong.

The end result of all this, we can hope, is (From the Philly Inquirer, registration required):

We are now witnessing, in activist Ed Morrissey's words, "a conservative civil war" over the Miers nomination, with many leaders on the right declaring that they no longer can take President Bush at his word....

Jan LaRue, chief counsel at Concerned Women for America, a conservative grassroots group, said yesterday: "My goodness, we keep being told to just believe the President. I was on a conference call - everybody was - with [GOP national chairman] Ken Mehlman, and the whole message was 'Trust us, trust us, trust us.' But we've never had to just rely on trust before. There was always credible information to look at before. But, with this nominee, I can't determine what she really believes in, and I can't find anything in her record even remotely related to constitutional law."
Short version my fellow Progressives/Liberals. Its going to be a heck of a show watching these bastards canabalize each other.

Oh! and drop Harry Reid a line to thank him for the show. He did suggest Miers to Shrub after all.





Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Subscribe in Rojo
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Flux Directory Web Blog Pinging 
Service Free Google Page Rank Checker blog search directory rem