Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Dammit! New Horizon Launch Scrubbed Today!


Pluto

Of all the planets, an I still call it a planet, distant Pluto has always held the biggest mystery for me. Maybe its the erratic orbit, maybe its because its moon Charon is almost as big as it is... I don't know. The New Horizons mission has given me the same sense of wonder that the Voyager missions did when I was a kid.

Unfortunately todays launch was scrubbed due to high winds. So we'll have to wait nine years and a day for the data to arrive. Honestly I can't wait.


Side view of Pluto's orbit





Outer Planets Orbits. Note Pluto's ecentricity.






Check out NASA's site for more info (link)
Wikkipedia Entry (link)

C'mon guys lets kick this pig already!!!

Images from NASA, Public Domain and Creative Commons.

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Subscribe in Rojo
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Flux Directory Web Blog Pinging 
Service Free Google Page Rank Checker blog search directory rem