Thursday, January 12, 2006

Wow, I think he may have outdone himself ...

From cnn.com:

"I will tell you, the contrast between when I was last here and today is pretty dramatic," Bush said. "From when I first came here to today, New Orleans is reminding me of the city I used to visit."

Oh, really. Well, that's right. God forbid you go to the OTHER parts of New Orleans (Ninth Ward) and see sheer destruction. Naa, that doesn't exist, does it sphincter boy?

The president met privately with small business owners and local government officials in the New Orleans visitors bureau, located in the Lower Garden District neighborhood that was not flooded. The area suffered little impact from the storm, and his motorcade passed stately homes with very little damage.
Bush praised the city's success in bringing much of its infrastructure back -- if not most of its citizens and businesses. He touted it as a "great place to have a convention" and as an attractive tourist destination.

Oh yeah, I could see it now. Tourists going to the Ninth Ward, taking pictures. Wait a minute, they are doing that now. Georgie, catch up boy, catch up! Oh yeah, I am RUNNING with my husband and my 2 kids to go down there. Wait a minute, considering that my son sometimes evokes the fear of God in people due to his destructive behavior, maybe the city needs him to speed up cleanup efforts. I could see that. "Hey, if you do't clear this block off today, the KID is coming" He he he.

Oh well, back to the article.

It's a heck of a place to bring your family," said Bush, seated before a colorful mural depicting jazz musicians, a river boat, masked Mardi Gras revelers and crawfish. "It's a great place to find some of the greatest food in the world and it's a heck of a lot of fun," he said.

Sure if you stay in the MAIN part. I mean, is this guy for real? Come on, I mean even he can't be stupid, oh excuse me, forgot who I was talking about.
Iam frankly sick and tired of all the resources and manpower being poured into downtown New Orleans so that Mardi Gras could go off without a hitch (and please, don't get me started on that. That will be in another future post)

Kids have been displaced, families lost everything, lives will never be the same down there.

But come for the food!

Total fucking asshole.

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Subscribe in Rojo
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Flux Directory Web Blog Pinging 
Service Free Google Page Rank Checker blog search directory rem