Friday, December 15, 2006

Happy Teh Gay Feet!

The far-right's obsession with homosexuality is really disturbing. Now its teh gay penguins.

DOBSON: There is a movie that's out now, called Happy Feet. It's about penguins. It's obviously designed to pull children in and yet, you don't like it. I've read some of the things you've said about it. I haven't seen it and don't plan to see it but from what I've heard, I don't like it either. Explain why.

Actually Rev. one would think that would stop you from commenting on it, but that has never stopped you before.
MEDVED: Because it's depressing and it's dark.

[...]

However when you folks tried to turn March of the Penguins into Christian-o-fest that was fine. Talk about depressing and dark, March was the equivelent of an aquatic fowl snuff film. Don't get me wrong, I did like it as a documentary, but dragging you kids to see March was like the morons who wondered why their five year old had a spas out during Jurrasic Park.
MEDVED: And then there's this whole subtext, as there so often is, about homosexuality. Not that the penguins are gay -- they're not gay -- but the one penguin hero doesn't fit in and the religious authorities -- the so-called religious right in the penguin world -- are very judgmental. They say, "You are not a penguin. You're not a real penguin." And then he makes this heartfelt plea, he says, "Dad, you have to accept me as I am. I can't change." And --
Wha? Where did that come from, shit I have heard of segues but that was a freaking highway.
DOBSON: Are they getting at the idea that homosexuality is genetic? Is that what the subtle implication is?

MEDVED: Well, how many times do we hear that in the media? That it's not a matter of choice, it's not a matter of change, and my problem with that -- as I understand, that there are some people, who -- for whom that may be true, but they're other people -- and you and I know them -- who have changed their lives and have turned around their lives.
THE STUPID! IT BURNS US! BURNS US!

Labels: , , ,

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Subscribe in Rojo
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Flux Directory Web Blog Pinging 
Service Free Google Page Rank Checker blog search directory rem