Wednesday, December 13, 2006

In Brightest Day....












Martin Nodell

Yeah Superman has got the whole alien super power thing. Batman is the world's greatest detective and a billionaire. For my money, I have always favored the The Green Lantern. I grew up on the Hal Jordan, Silver Age version and learned about the original Nodell creation as I grew older. Another legend and pioneer of the comics industry has passed.

In doing a little research, for this post, I happened to find the text for the original GL oath, as printed in ALL-AMERICAN # 16. Thanks goes out to the keeper of the Green Lantern Corps Page for finding and posting just about all of them.

"And I shall shed my light over dark evil,
For the dark things cannot stand the light,
the light of the Green Lantern!"

Labels: , , ,

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Subscribe in Rojo
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Flux Directory Web Blog Pinging 
Service Free Google Page Rank Checker blog search directory rem